People tagging the back logs at the desk is just as valuable as tagging the on shelf items, so please always feel free to lend a hand and clear these out at the start of your tagging shift if you see they are overloaded. Or even if you are not rostered for tagging and you just want to :)
Also if you have lulls on customer service shifts and the decks are clear and you want to tag and the retro trolley is available... but you also need to stay near the desk to be available for our *super important* customers, then why not either tag the collections on the shelving trolleys or bring some items back to the desk to tag? If the collection we are up to tagging is not able to be easily moved (like the ANF @ Unley), then feel free to jump into the AV collection. Here's an example of what Ruth came up with on the weekend (I hope you don't mind me sharing this, Ruth!):
It was really quiet on Saturday so I spent the day tagging.
Because I couldn’t really leave the desk to do it, I figured I would take the
opportunity to do some of the DVDs as I figured they are better done with just
one person and it was easy to pull them off the shelf and reshelve in bits and
pieces.
Consequently I have done almost all of the Adult non-fiction
DVDS – Music & Entertainment, Sport, Cooking, Art, Health, Travel, all
those small categories in the first bay at the beginning of the collection
(western end) plus a third of the documentary collection – I will finish the
remainder of the documentaries on Wednesday. Basically I’ve done the first bay
of the DVDs. So we will now need to check all non-fiction DVDs coming
through returns – I have written it on the list.
Using your initiative is great and the more tagging we can achieve while the retro trolleys are available is just brilliant. Go team!
No comments:
Post a Comment