So please visit the table in her office and have a look at the options and see what you think. The plan of what is going where is also there as a refresher. Here's some info you'll want to keep in mind...
- The focus is on a overall colour palette that integrates with our existing furniture that we will need to keep as we have a very limited budget.
- This palette is blue, green, teal/turquoise, charcoal.
- So we will continue to use some furniture like the blue bucket chairs, and the couches.
- The red couches will be going upstairs to the NF and Quiet Study.
- The lime green and dark green couches will be going to Kid's Space.
- The red wall in the entry and red alcove in The Lounge will be repainted with a teal/turquoise/blue type color to link the palette throughout the library.
- The carpet will be dark charcoal like in the foyer.
- The benches and ends of the holds shelves will be a wood veneer.
- We need to keep what we have for a while so we need to have a classic colour palette - we can add pops of colour with replaceable items like cushions.
- The wire framed newspaper table etc chairs will be reupholstered.
- A few bucket chairs and ottomans will be purchased.
- All fabrics can be used on any type of furniture.
- We need to have this decided on super soon as we need to order furniture.
____________________________________________________________________
Here's Caitlin's suggestions too :)
The paint colour is ‘Waikiki’. I really like what you guys
chose and will be happy if that’s the end result but I’m slightly concerned
about making that area too dark. So my choice is a second option. Even though I
like your chosen colour better!
And a comment from Kristina:
Just letting you know my team (Gordy Rachel Angela and Catherine
–Kelly was absent) loved the colours and fabrics we chose –I showed them at our
Collections Team meeting yesterday so all good from us :)
I'm liking the colour combinations. So a Yes from me with the layout :)
ReplyDeleteI am loving the colour scheme that has been suggested. For paint colours - I love the tones of the blue that has been selected (but if it is deemed as being too dark, would a 1/2 strength be an option?) Cheers :)
ReplyDeleteReally happy with the choices of colour/texture I think they will look smart and wear well! The only thing I could see that I might consider changing is the green tops of the ottomans, would it be possible to get the vinyl in a more classic colour from the striped fabric? Maybe charcoal? My thinking is that this won't show the grime as much and the colours might be more adaptable to various areas of the library. - Amelia
ReplyDeleteI like the colours and fabrics in general, but I also wonder if the chosen blue may prove to be a little dark. Rachel's idea is a good one, ie lighten it if necessary. My only other comment is that I think the ottaman would be better if the striped fabric is on top, so as to better disguise any marks, and the plain on the sides.
ReplyDeleteHi, great choice on the options! My only comment would be I think we should stick to greens more than blues, since we are still stuck with the red wall downstairs in AF for a little while longer. If we match it in with the green feature walls that are already there in the kids, rather than delving into a new colour, might that work? I agree with Amelia too that perhaps charcoal or something darker may work better for the tops of the ottomans, purely because of how dirty they tend to get!
ReplyDeleteLooking at the colour swatches in the flesh, although i love the colour Waikiki, I prefer the darker feature wall colour as it contrasts really well with the lighter colours in the mix.
ReplyDelete