Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Black box-o-rama

Remember when we closed Goodwood for a week and ended up with 27 black boxes (approximately one pallet)?

Well Unley receives more black boxes than Goodwood and was closed for two weeks.
...I'll give you a minute to do the maths...
So we have 5 pallets of accumulated black boxes - or as I like to call it - black box-o-rama! 


I've spoken to PLS and they are going to spread out the delivery over this week, so we will get around a pallet a day. I know, I'm excited too! I love black boxes (if you can believe that wasn't sarcasm, I really honestly do love processing black boxes).

Luckily we have the black box slayer (a.k.a the Sort Assistant) installed conveniently in the Unley workroom next to the black box delivery area.

So as always, do not fret over the growing mountain of black boxes - we'll catch up eventually, that's just how we awesomely roll. What takes priority (again, as always) is the customers. Especially in these early days of go live when we need to be free-ranging it up and catching all our customers returning items as they wander in and are blinded by how amazing everything looks. So if you are on STAR keep on roaming and only head to black box land when it quietens down. Remember there is now a bell at the Unley pod, so if you need to summon your STAR buddy back from black box land, then just ring ring ring and they will immediately reappear.

While we are on a mission to conquer the black box mountain,in the mornings when shelving and/or LIB ADMIN is completed and there's time before we open, please go to town on a black box. You can use not only the Sort Assistant but also the high and low power Circ Assistants. 5 pallets is nothing compared to the combined power of Team Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment