Thanks to everyone for putting their fantastic, interesting and a few disturbing suggestions up for alternate names for our Desk shifts. Here are the results...
So the winning acronyms are:
So please put on your thinking caps and think about which one you like best, and also your ideas for what the letters represent. Here are some examples:
STAR
- Service, Train, Assist, Roam
- Support, Teach, Assist, Roam
SMILE
- Super Magnificent Intelligent Library Experience
- Support, Motivate, Interact, Learn, Experience
PEAS
- Patron Experience and Service
- Positive Experience and Support
So please nominate your favorite and put your suggestions in the Comments. You have until the end of March - so get those creative juices flowing!
I am voting for STAR - Service, Teach, Assist, Roam. It's simple, catchy, not too cheesy, and sums up what we do.
Happy commenting :)
I like 'smile'. I'd never remember what it stood for but like that when you say it or think it you end up doing it - smiling! It's positive and authentic. :-)
ReplyDeleteI'm a STAR girl. Either of the acronyms work for me as they basically mean the same thing.
ReplyDeleteBest wishes,
Liz
Feed the staff food and you come up with a lot of creative ideas. I like STAR with the acronym Support Teach Assist Roam. We're the stars of council and our customers know it:)
ReplyDeleteHaha. Peas shift is hilarious. Sounds like we will be dishing out mushy lunches. I think there was a misinterpretation of our whiteboard scribbles because the initial suggestion was for pod shift or pod person, with the added bonus that then we would then be peas in a pod! Which is kind of cute.
ReplyDeleteI like the idea of a pod shift or smile shift. :) Amelia.
Me too, I like Pod shift :)
DeleteWe could use POD as Point of delivery
DeleteI like STAR also!
ReplyDeleteI like STAR and POD! Jackie
ReplyDelete