If for some reason this crucial information has slipped your mind, you can always refresh it on this simple process by checking out the 1LMS Factsheet on User Groups. It's stored with all the other factsheets @ H:\Library\1LMS Project\Operations\Operations Guide and Fact sheets - and this location is also of course linked from the Intranet - Library Policies and Procedures page.
So why am I telling you this when these days all I ever do is talk about RFID? Good question! It's because the User Groups are a super useful feature for families who check out each others items on the RFID kiosks. For example...
If a husband comes to collect his wife's on hold item but doesn't have her card...like the guy I served on Tuesday who said ("yeah, I'm the errand boy - she requests and I collect!". No problems! If they are linked as a user group then he can issue it on his card with no intervention required.
Or a mum whose kids all place holds and she wants to collect them in one hit without having to use a deck of cards and multiple transactions. Same thing - quickly link them together in a user group and this inefficiency will be a thing of the past!
TL; DR? User groups work on the RFID kiosks and will allow linked customers to borrow items reserved on all the linked cards. The fact sheet lives @ H:\Library\1LMS Project\Operations\Operations Guide and Fact sheets- go read it if you've forgotten about this cool feature.
No comments:
Post a Comment